Advisors find value in CAGP membershipThe Canadian Association of Gift Planners (CAGP) is a valueable resource for advisors assisting clients with charitable giving. CAGP provides solutions to some common challenges including:
Helping you to build closer client relationships with values based coversations.
Education on gift planning which can help to both grow and protect your business.
Differentiation for advisors who want to incorporate planned giving into their practice.
High net worth clients increasingly expect their advisors to be able to provide objective, unbiased advice about how to realize their philanthropic objectives. Advisors who can link information about charitable giving choices to a larger philanthropic process, one that embraces strategic planning will lead the way in meeting those expectations. If you are not yet comfortable talking to your clients about strategic philanthropic giving, you need to get informed. You have an important role to play in assisting clients and their chosen charities with planned gifts.
Planned giving involves trying to assist people with their philanthropic desires and goals in a way that is consistent with their estate planning objectives. Some of those objectives include providing for family members, minimizing taxes , having enough cash flow to support your client’s lifestyle needs, carrying out a plan that is consistent with the donor’s values and interest and, increasingly, leaving a legacy for future generations.
As a CAGP member, you will receive the following benefits:
- In-depth education and resources on the full range of gift planning issues: from detailed information on the tax aspects of gift planning to topics such as working with donors, stewardship, and ethics;
- Regular local area Roundtable sessions on topics of interest. Technical sessions often provide CE credits to advisors;
- Timely communications about the not for profit sector including advocacy and legislation;
- Opportunities to raise your profile amongst the not for profit community by giving presentations and holding technical sessions on your areas of expertise;
- A listing on the CAGP website in your local round table area.
- Opportunites to network with like-minded advisors including financial planners, chartered accountants and lawyers.